Your first 3 3DO Games (early adopters)

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Your first 3 3DO Games (early adopters)

Post by bitrate » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Out of curiosity, for those of us who acquired a 3DO system while it was still being sold, what were the first 3 games you bought for the system?

If you can remember, try to state the year your 3DO system was acquired as well as the model of your system.

My first system was a Panasonic FZ-1 given to me as a Christmas/Birthday gift on Christmas morning 1994. I still have that system mint in box with the receipt, as well as all of the games I originally bought for the system.

The first three games I got for the system in order of acquisition are:

1) Total Eclipse - came as a package deal with the system
2) The Need for Speed
3) Guardian War

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:09 pm

Wing Commander 3

That's all I can remember.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:39 pm

Hm.. I guess I don't count, but I purchased a Goldstar unit from someone in '96 or '97, I think. It came with Bladeforce, Gex, and Super Street Fighter II.. Great games to start off with!

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:12 pm

heh i wanted one at launch, but $700 with no games doesnt sound like fun when your making $4.35 an hour at that time

but i did get a system (Goldstar) when the games were being discounted and still in stores (4-18-97) the first games i got were Quarantine, Slayer, Shockwave 2, Ballz, Pebble Beach Golf, Dragons Lair
then the next day i got Soccer Kid
then the next day i got Real Pinball, pga golf, Crash n Burn, and PO'd, Crime Patrol, Mad Dog, and returned Soccer Kid because it didnt work
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:53 pm

Total Eclipse was the UK zero-day release.
Shockwave and Super Wing Commander.

...little did I know then...

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Late 95 as soon as Goldstar released here (Panasonic ignored us) Fifa was the pack in plus I ordered Need for Speed and Super Street Fighter via mail order from the UK - the shop that sold me the system didn’t stock the games !
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

oldskool
3DO ZERO USER

Post by oldskool » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Got mine in late 93, early 94?

First games that I remember were Gex, Total Eclipse, Crash n Burn, Need For Speed, Wing Commander III, Road Rash, and Guardian War.

The first 3 of them were.. hell I don't remember that was a long time ago. I was buying them pretty quick.

If I recall correctly I payed $399 for mine? Maybe it was $499 I don't remember. I do remember it was after a couple price drops though.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:18 am

mattyg wrote:Late 95 as soon as Goldstar released here (Panasonic ignored us) Fifa was the pack in plus I ordered Need for Speed and Super Street Fighter via mail order from the UK - the shop that sold me the system didn’t stock the games !
They sold the console, but no games for it? :?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:13 am

I bought mine in late October through December... it's hard to recall, I know it was snowing but before Christmas. I believe it was 1993.

First three games I bought for it were:

1. Escape from Monster Manor
2. Quarantine
3. HELL: A Cyberpunk Thriller (maybe)

Monster Manor I bought when I got the system as it was all I could afford. It was a new game and the system was $700 so I didn't have much to buy extra games. Quarantine I got simply on a friend's endorsement, he made it sound cooler than it was, but still fun. HELL I had played before on the PC and hemmed & hawed over if I should buy it twice. I'm glad I did.

I'm not really sure that it was third, as I write this I'm pretty sure it would have had to have been later for me to buy the same game twice especially for such a pricey console. There was a thread like this earlier and I think I said Space Hulk and I know that can't be right either because I had more titles when I bought that. The first two are definitely my first two though.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Puggsy
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Puggsy » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:48 am

Bought a Panasonic FZ-10 in '95. It came with Pebble Beach Golf, StarBlade and Twisted: The Game Show.

Bloody hard to come by here in OZ too, I can tell you.

Rust
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Rust » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:45 am

My first three games were Crash 'n' Burn (release title), Super Wing Commander, and IIRC... Starfighter. Possibly Deathkeep. Hell, it's been a long time.