Shadow; War Of Succession

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Shadow; War Of Succession

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:56 am

Here we go, is this like the worst fighting game ever made or what? Talk about a game I was thinking might have some kind of potential, man was I had. This game comes close for me being the worst game on the 3DO.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:03 am

You know what I hate the most about this game and Way of the Warrior besides the nonexistant character animation and awkward controls - the fact that it looks like they bribed the programmers friends and family into stopping by the office for a few minutes during lunch break to quickly motion capture them and then throw them in the game as the characters.
I mean seriously, how hard would it have been to put a little more thought into these "fighters". Don't even get me started on the character names in these games.
I'm not sure why, but the names and looks of the characters in these two games are a huge turn-off for me. It looks like some kind of high-school project.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:41 am

Yeah, I can honestly say I was more impressed with War Gods, and that ain't a great thing either. :lol:

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:49 pm

If you look at the actual program for SHADOW, it's even more laughable. Very basic input, and very shabby overall design. Why? Because it's unfinished. Even the music is unfinished. It was slip shod patched together from a working beta. They just took out what didn't work. Their collision detection is written very simply for each character and is really underimpressive to say the least.

However, those willing to finish the program, or at least restore everything, will see the finishing moves (removed from the game due to errors, similar to the errors caused by the BLOB's bomb move in the original CLAYFIGHTER) are all there and more.

Also, if you're willing to find an ANIM maker, you could pretty much build your own game on their engine with whatever graphics you want. It's an idea I jokingly proposed a while back, but realisticly, if you wanted a fighting engine that you could modify easily, it doesn't get much easier than this one. LOL. (shudders at X-Men :Children of the Atom running on 3DO under the Shadow engine. LOL)

And no, I still think FIGHTING MASTERS for the GENESIS is the worst fighting game of all time. SHADOW is the worst BETA shown as an excuse for a FINAL of all time, but FIGHTING MASTERS is so underwhealming... it can't help but hold #1. Boasted by the packaging, "OVER 16 MOVES FOR EACH CHARACTER!"... including... MOVE LEFT... MOVE RIGHT.... BLOCK.... DUCK.... PUNCH... KICK...JUMP... JUMP LEFT.... JUMP RIGHT....etc..etc.

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:51 pm

Gir Draxa wrote:However, those willing to finish the program, or at least restore everything, will see the finishing moves (removed from the game due to errors, similar to the errors caused by the BLOB's bomb move in the original CLAYFIGHTER) are all there and more.
WHAT!? The Blob's bomb move was removed from the final version of Clayfighter!? I spent months trying to figure that move out! I saw the screenshot of it on the box and figured it must be in the game somewhere... I swear I even managed to pull it off once, but never figured it out again. What a waste.

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:58 pm

LOL! It's true. Though there is a code for the SNES Game Genie to re-enable it. It just couldn't be fixed by the time the game went to press, so they just disabled the move.

Sad, but much like with SHADOW's manual, CLAYFIGHTER's packaging went to press before the game was done.

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:03 pm

:shock: Well, this is good crap to know. Looks like the Jaguar wasn't the only system to have unfinishe4d games. The good news is that those stayed unreleased officially.