Do you play your 3DO more now after joining this forum?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Yes, I definitely play it more now!
44%
No, I still play it about as much as before.
56%
Mine is still in storage...
No votes

Total votes: 9

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:35 am

Just curious... Has this forum sparked more of an interest in actually playing the 3DO now you're talking about it more with fellow fans? Considering it caused me to take the system out of storage, that's a resounding "Yes" for me, since I just wasn't playing it at all.

I'm glad, too! I never gave Space Hulk much of a chance before, and now I've actually played it more and come to appreciate it as a really good game!

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:40 am

heh well considering i havent played a game on mine since 2004 and that was just to test some games i bought

but this board did get me to finally finish Dragon Lore, and im thinking of finishing Daedelous encounter also, im on the last disc (i think)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:44 am

I think that counts as playing more!

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:47 am

Mobius wrote:I think that counts as playing more!
you could say that, but half of one game to me doesnt seem like more to me :D

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:07 am

Hmm, I played my system the same as I do now, which is actually quite a bit.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:09 am

I've always played my 3DO quite a bit, but since I've been writing reviews for the forum I have played it even more. :D Of course now my 3DO is on the verge of breaking, so ultimately I may play it even less :cry:

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:15 am

I'm playing a little more now than I was before. This might just be a coincidence though as I am currently in the middle of sorting out my 3DO collection.
One thing is for sure though, it is really nice to have a place to discuss the 3DO and all of its games.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:56 pm

Lemmi wrote:heh well considering i havent played a game on mine since 2004 and that was just to test some games i bought

but this board did get me to finally finish Dragon Lore, and im thinking of finishing Daedelous encounter also, im on the last disc (i think)
well i guess you can make my vote play it more now as i just beat Daedelous encounter the save on my 3do didnt work so i had to start over, and when doing so i cheated my way to the area i was stuck at, and i played on easy level this time around, which only took alittle over an hour, then at the end i didnt know what to do and i kept killing everyone over and over and over, so i had to jump back a few scenes to see what i was missing then i started hitting all the DATA stuff i had and finally i kept the big queen bug from killing us

i was stuck at the part where i had to get the claw and get to the last scenes, i had all 6 orbs but i was always missing the claw to activate the elevator in the main hub

2 down now i have to find another i never finished :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:18 pm

Daedelous encounter was pretty good - all things considered.

I've been playing NFS with my arcade stick and it's easy to forget just how good NFS is. It feels a bit sluggish at first but play it in Pro (manual gears) and it starts to fly.

Also the xman guy - the guy who comments on your racing prowess or lack of - is no where near as cheesy as i remember.

The Alpine stage, with the black ice cheat, should be part of the driving test :D

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:35 pm

I've been playing NFS with my arcade stick and it's easy to forget just how good NFS is. It feels a bit sluggish at first but play it in Pro (manual gears) and it starts to fly.

Also the xman guy - the guy who comments on your racing prowess or lack of - is no where near as cheesy as i remember.
Some bragging rights for 3DO fans ... the PSX and Saturn versions of NFS don't include going head to head w/Mr. X. He is 3DO exclusive! :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:40 pm

As I recall the PSX version (and I guess the Saturn version) had circuits included with the original straights. This, I was reliably informed, was for the US market.

To my eyes EA tried to make NFS more Daytona/Ridge like in appearance. The colour palette was livened up too. It failed. The PSX version was no where near as good as the 3DO version.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:29 pm

Anyone who has played the Saturn version care to comment on how it plays?

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:44 pm

bitrate wrote:Anyone who has played the Saturn version care to comment on how it plays?
If i remember correct sat version was exactly the same with 3do, maybe a little faster.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:26 pm

Actually, the Saturn version took a hit graphically compared to the 3DO original. I own 3 versions of NFS (3DO, Saturn, PSX) Some differences I've noticed

1. The colors on the Saturn version are more muted. (ex -your red toyota and ferrari aren't as bright ... kinda like a shirt that has been run in the wash a few times ... faded) The cars themselves are also not quite as sharp

2. The shadow effect on 3DO is gone. Instead your car justs casts one ugly black blob on the road (It looks more like the car is dragging a garbage bag that gut stuck under the body, than throwing a shadow :lol: )

3. The background graphics seem to have more of a gritty/unclean look

It is noteworthy that the PSX version is slightly better than the Saturn one (fixed shadows, etc...) And both do have the additional 3 closed circuit tracks ported from the PC, as well as a 2 player mode. But the gameplay tweaks backfired! No longer a sim, EA did try to turn it into an arcade experience. The game runs too fast, and compared to the 3DO version, races are over in the blink of an eye :x You'll also struggle to hear the awesome sfx's over th lousy blaring sountrack that EA added.

Lesson .... don't mess w/perfection. NFS is still a great game on any system, but the PSX/Saturn versions are sirloin, while the 3DO one is filet mignon :wink: