Almost a Tragedy

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Almost a Tragedy

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:24 am

Well I almost had a tragedy befall on me. As a few of you may know I managed to make image back-ups of all my 3DO games. I placed them on an external HD that I ended up placing all of my video game info on.

Well last night my roommate accidentally kicked my external 1TB hard drive while it was writing. I know... why did I put it on the floor in the first place? i had it on another PC downloading a fan film... Well now all it does is beep at me. about 700GB of videogame stuff gone! Plus a few fan-edits, ect. Well this is Almost a tragedy. Well as it turns out when I was making the bulk of my ISO's I was doing it before I had the 1TB drive... so most of the files are still on the old drive, now some of them aren't, they were to be burnt to DVD-R's but I never got around to it, yet those are still on another drive, neatly placed in folders arranged by size. So the real tragedy? The loss of everything else!

I'm still very upset and felt like venting. I Told my roommate she owes me a new drive.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

MrAshDarksideTM
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MrAshDarksideTM » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:23 pm

I know the feeling. I keep multiple backups of anything important, including my 3DO files nowadays because I've lost a lot to HD crashes.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:27 pm

Well there is a little more good news. The more I go digging in other drives the more old data I find. Looks like I never deleted a lot of info after moving it to the 1TB. Happy days are maybe on their way.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:58 pm

Women eh? Can't live with them, can't expect them not to kick your treasured items and leave them lying on the floor. No wait, that's men.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:39 am

I'm going to get more external drives and make copies of the others and a new video game drive. I really should have back-ups of everything. The only reason I can get back a good chunk of what I lost is because I haven't cleared data lingering on other drives I used before I got the 1TB. I was going to use my x-mas bonus to help pay for a laptop and some new china but I guess it'll all go towards hard drives. :cry:

Plissken
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Plissken » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:15 pm

That's the reason why i always make DVD backups of everything ;)

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:37 am

Plissken wrote:That's the reason why i always make DVD backups of everything ;)
:D me too.