Lost Eden question

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Lost Eden question

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:08 am

Is Lost Eden one or two discs? I can't remember and I may be able to get a loose copy for really cheap, but it is only one disc.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Lost Eden question

Post by Lemmi » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:35 am

T2KFreeker wrote:Is Lost Eden one or two discs? I can't remember and I may be able to get a loose copy for really cheap, but it is only one disc.
yup just one

in fact i have the game sitting right in front of me, i was thinking of playing it earlier today :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:38 am

Groovy. I remember screwing around with that game back in the day, so I will be picking it up for sure. I remember liking it, so maybe it will be the next conquest for me.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:33 pm

Just make sure the disc you pick up is scratch free. I played Lost Eden all the way through to the end, only to have the game freeze up during the final confrontation w/Morkus Rex! :x The danger of buying lose games.

After reading earlier comments about Lost Eden, I was thinking about picking up Dune for my Sega cd since apparently they are similar. I'd like to know a little more about that title.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:18 pm

Trev wrote:After reading earlier comments about Lost Eden, I was thinking about picking up Dune for my Sega cd since apparently they are similar. I'd like to know a little more about that title.
Dune is a great game and although I haven't played Lost Eden yet I know that the gameplay on both of these games and KGB are similar.

Dune... you play as Paul Atreides the son of Duke Leto Atreides. You've just landed on Arrakis, aka Dune, a planet only made of desert. Rain is nonexistent. However native people known as Fremen manage to survive in these harsh conditions.

House Atreides and House Harkonnen are both at war and both have been sent to Arrakis by the Emperor to mine spice. Spice is like fuel basically. It's used to travel through space and only Arrakis has this mineral. So as Paul you go out and meet and befriend the Fremen and gather spice harvesters and other things to mine spice. The Emperor makes a spice demand every few days.

Shortly in the game your pops gets killed by the Harkonnen so then you have to train Fremen for military battles as well as meet the Emperor's spice demand.

Awesome game.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:43 am

Trev wrote:Just make sure the disc you pick up is scratch free. I played Lost Eden all the way through to the end, only to have the game freeze up during the final confrontation w/Morkus Rex! :x The danger of buying lose games.

After reading earlier comments about Lost Eden, I was thinking about picking up Dune for my Sega cd since apparently they are similar. I'd like to know a little more about that title.
Yeah, picked it up and the disc is clean as a whistle. Nice to because I remember playing the game way back in the day, just can't remember much about it except for a really weird looking bird talking to you at the beginning of the game during the promo.