3DO Theo the Dinosaur

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

3DO Theo the Dinosaur

Post by bitrate » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:15 pm

This is the unreleased Theo the Dinosaur for the 3DO, and various artwork and literature.

While not high on everyone's want list for unreleased 3DO games, it is 100% complete and ready to play (minus encryption, of course).

I will be posting screen captures and a video clip as I usually do in the my thread for unreleased games, but I wanted to put something here as I have a healthy amount of extra's that go along with the game.

As can be seen in the pictures, this game was extremely close to being published. Aside from the fact that the game is complete, the game maual and jewel case inserts are near completion (or are complete) as well.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:55 pm

Wowzers.

What type of game is it?

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:59 pm

:shock:
It doesnt seem like an interesting game ,but a great obscurity nonetheless! Thanks for sharing...

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:22 am

Much thanks as always! Good to know that when encryption is no longer an issue there are some near finished games waiting.

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:22 am

I thought the encrpytion issue has been resolved?

Wasn't that how Good Deal Games released Power Slide and some soccer game? And Older Games was able to release Icebreaker 2?

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:24 am

Hey Bitrate,

Do you happen to have NHL '96?

I'm not sure how far along in production it was, but I had seen a few vids of it and it looked really sweet.

It'd be nice to know it's floating out there somewhere, and that one day....maybe one day...I can get my hands on it!!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:25 am

Please don't double post, we have the edit button for adding extra text.
As for encryption, so far there is only one person who does it, talking to him is only a little bit easier than talking to a brick wall. There are others on this forum working on a cleaner way of doing it but nothing encrypted yet.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:48 am

Sorry bout the double post. Won't happen again.

That's a shame that whoever has the know how isn't willing to share.

I mean, the system is like 16 years old now...Share the glory and let the few who wish to experience everything they can with their 3DO experience it all.

If I had access to all that stuff, I'd glady share it with fellow 3DO Lovers and let them experience the joy.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:21 am

Thanks for the Pics/Info Bitrate. As always, much appreciated!

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:21 am

3DOKid wrote:Wowzers.

What type of game is it?

It's another interactive learning game targeted at the younger ages. There are various mini-games, puzzles, etc. The main point of the title centers around helping a group of dinosaurs avoid extinction.

OfManNotMachine wrote:Hey Bitrate,

I'm not sure how far along in production it was, but I had seen a few vids of it and it looked really sweet.

It'd be nice to know it's floating out there somewhere, and that one day....maybe one day...I can get my hands on it!!

I do not have NHL '96. I did post a YouTube video of an encode I did off of one of my 3DO VHS promo tapes. The video is down now as I was having some issues a while back. I'll look into putting the video back up in a few days.
I do however know that NHL '96 was very near to release at the time it was cancelled.

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:19 am

It was close to release eh? Must have been near completion then I'm assuming. man...as a diehard hockey fan, and a huge 3DO fan....man...just thinking that somewhere out there...someone has it. ugh.. lol That was the one thing my 3DO was always missing when I had it back in 94, was a hockey game. I saw a vid on youtube and it looked really good too.

If you ever come across that one, please post some pics n let me know how it plays. Such a shame that these games that we're so close to completion we're not released.

You'd think that considering how much they had already spent on development costs etc that they'd just release and try to get back some of what they spent into the production of the game.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:07 am

OfManNotMachine wrote:Hey Bitrate,

Here is a link to the video I had uploaded a while back of NHL '96 for the 3DO.
This may or may not be the video you said you had seen before. This is the only video I have ever seen of NHL '96 for the 3DO so it would be nice to see more if you know of where to find the other vids you talked about watching.

NHL '96 Video

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:46 am

I noticed that the former first lady did the intro! wow - I actually met her once.

Anyway
The main point of the title centers around helping a group of dinosaurs avoid extinction.
Was this a metaphor for the Republican Party? :wink:
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG