All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

News from the Freedo forum.

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:29 am

http://www.freedo.org/forum2/index.php?topic=1361.0

Hello everybody.
It was long since our last update. As you've probably noticed, i'm not visiting forums as often as before.
There was a lot of load and time pressure in my company. Yet there are some news on FreeDO side.

* we've been approached by far-eastern game publisher, for custom 3DO game ports development. They will be redistributing FreeDO with games for Dreamcast, win32 and MacOS X (UBI)
* for all Dreamcast and MacOSX fans out there -- those 2 ports are ready.
* Currently we're holding the release until game publisher will release their games.
* Despite commercial release of Dreamcast and MacOS X ports, they still be available to download from our web-site for free.
* There will be no difference between commercial and free ports, except for the games, they're tailored for.
* free port will have no extended and improved graphics on selected games. Such games will appear as original 3DO games.
* commercial port will have extended and improved graphics and sounds with attached game.
* At the moment we're developing GP2X port, and soon new board will be opened, specific to this port.
* Win32 release is being updated and scheduled to be released soon.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:19 pm

Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:31 am

http://cdinteractive.co.uk/3do/forum/vi ... .php?t=130

kinda beat you to this news ;) but i didn't mention everything.

i didnt want to mention the game distribution thing because i think they are gonna sell games that they dont have rights to with this emulator. Which would be a real sad thing. Im not sure really what is going on but i smell something fishy.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:53 pm

BryWI wrote:Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:31 am

http://cdinteractive.co.uk/3do/forum/vi ... .php?t=130

kinda beat you to this news ;) but i didn't mention everything.

i didnt want to mention the game distribution thing because i think they are gonna sell games that they dont have rights to with this emulator. Which would be a real sad thing. Im not sure really what is going on but i smell something fishy.
Ah - sorry mate! Didn't see it in all my excitement! :oops:

There was talk of a Freedo Hardware i.e. a dedicated Freedo bit of tin. WHich they announced a long time ago. They are also porting Freedo to Gamepark (Sp?) devices. The Gp32 and the like. Compared to a lot of emu writers they seem very ambitious - but surely someone with legal clout will get anoyed if they start porting and publishing games they aren't entitled too.

What do you smell that's fishy?

3DO Kid.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:53 pm

I think this company is gonna sell "game packs" of the copyrighted games we have all come to love and make money from it that they dont deserve. Unless they try to do what bleem (did i just mention that?) did with Gran Turismo 2 on Dreamcast and require the original game disc. Even then, that will bring up the debate of why buy an emulator that will only run one game. Like i said, I really dont know what is going on with this. But I really dont think they are making new 3do games. Which makes me think that something fishy is up. Id really like to see them try to get the rights to some of these old games. Some of the companies dont exsist, and alot of others likely wont care enough to grant permission. Well I'll stop throwing around my conspiracy ideas. :)

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: News from the Freedo forum.

Post by Devin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:18 am

3DOKid wrote:We've been approached by a far-eastern game publisher, for custom 3DO game ports development.
The key is in the 'Far-Eastern' part which, admittedly I'm guessing sounds a little shady. Dare I say pirate?

What does 'Custom 3DO game ports' mean exactly?

However, this all is rather kick ass! I'm well happy to see this kind of innovation. Lets just hope they have the legal backing to pull this all off :D

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:46 am

It would be cool if they were doing a port to the GP32, as I have one of those, but I doubt it as it would never be able to handle the program. I am looking into a GP2X though, so on the go 3DO games would so kick ass! That is awesome news for sure as long as they don't abandon it like so many other Game Park projects do.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!