Finally got a 3do

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3doguy

Finally got a 3do

Post by 3doguy » Tue May 19, 2009 10:21 pm

It came with Need for Speed but I seem to be having some problems with it. First the controller doesn't seem to work, it isn't responsive at all. Second, I need some suggestions for good games. Thanks! :wink:

mosul210
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mosul210 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:33 pm

Congrats on the new purchase. I would like to recommend some of the better titles that come to mind. Gex, Shockwave, Twisted, Crash-n-Burn, Total Eclipse, Samurai Shodown, Return Fire, Bladeforce, and Killing Time.

Also I have an extra controller, works fine. If you need it I can let it go for a small price.

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Tue May 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Bummer the controller is wonky.

Need for Speed was a nice game to start with though

What is the controller not doing? Just outta curiousity

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed May 20, 2009 1:53 am

hopefully its the controller and not the port. That's hard to tell unless you have a 2nd device.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed May 20, 2009 2:41 am

3DOKid has some nice vids of both his favorite 3DO games, as well as those voted on by us members. Check his blog for some good recommendations on both domestic & import games. Also be sure to check the small but growing review section here on the forum.

I'd give specific titles, but fear the inevitable zings that will be hurled my way. :wink:

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Post by awbacon » Wed May 20, 2009 2:56 am

Samurai Shodown is a great 3DO game. I have it for Neo Geo, but have played on 3DO and its a very good port of the arcade original.

I'd check out Lucinnes Quest as well. Another fav of mine

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed May 20, 2009 3:58 am

awbacon wrote:Samurai Shodown is a great 3DO game. I have it for Neo Geo, but have played on 3DO and its a very good port of the arcade original.

I'd check out Lucinnes Quest as well. Another fav of mine
The 3DO Samurai Shodown is def as close to the real version as you can get before getting an MVS/AES copy. Lucinne's Quest is also great, if you can afford it. :)
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Traegorn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Traegorn » Wed May 20, 2009 4:14 pm

Besides what's already been mentioned, Guardian War is fun, and is on my list of favorite games for ANY console.

3doguy

Post by 3doguy » Wed May 20, 2009 10:37 pm

Well first off when I plug the controller in the only button that works is down on the control pad. It came with a second controller so I plugged that in and same problem. I took the 3do and shook it around a little and I believe something is stuck in there that is blocking the controller ports. Oh hey thanks for the suggestions guys! I just picked up a copy of Crash N Burn

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed May 20, 2009 10:54 pm

iirc, the port is attached to a small circuit board which is attached to the main board by a small ribbon cable. If you look closely you can see where that small board used to be part of the main board but was just punched out. But, If both controlers are doing the same thing, I think its gonna be by luck that it is fixable. Not really sure how something like that can get damaged like that. Maybe this is the result of plugging in a sega genesis controler? lol I remember hearing somebody say not to do that. Anyways, good luck getting your 3do controller port working.

3doguy

Post by 3doguy » Thu May 21, 2009 3:31 am

Okay I think there's a tiny piece of paper stuck in there.

PowerPie5000
3DO ZERO USER

Post by PowerPie5000 » Thu May 21, 2009 4:26 pm

Just get some tweezers and pull the piece of paper out.... And if that fails then the controller port pins could be fractured/broken! This has happened a couple of times with me over the years with megadrives and amiga's... It can happen to pretty much any console that uses those old dodgy pin ports.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu May 21, 2009 10:48 pm

Congratulations. :) Now throw all your other consoles in the bin, as they are surplus to requirement :D