Perceived 3DO -- what annoys you?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:28 pm

It's not really luck what i need. A miracle is what I need. We should pray for one. Then I can quit my job and open a Bangers and Mash restaurant in downtown Tokyo and retire or something. :)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:46 pm

So you are paying for a tutor, does your wife help you at all?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:40 am

3DOKid wrote:I can quit my job and open a Bangers and Mash restaurant in downtown Tokyo and retire or something. :)
You could combine that with your hobby and perhaps get a catchy title for your restaraunt like:

Finest English Cuisine & Classic Games
"Fresh Food and Old Software"

and you could go with a flat rate offering.
"Any item on the menu, 3 dollars only."

:lol:
Ok, very cheesy humor, but I tell you this... I'd go there often. lol

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:21 am

3DO Experience wrote:So you are paying for a tutor, does your wife help you at all?
Hahahahahha. Oh wait you were serious?

There is a code amongst men: never teach your wife to drive. Why? Because you will end up killing each other. Nothing to do with bad driving just lack of patience with each other.

Same for languages.

Mrs 3DOkid has been helpful. She has told me to ask questions about Japanese words that the tutor hasn't heard in twenty years.

Example: (might be spelt wrong) "Ne o datchi" means? No clear translation something to do with guarding temples. So Mrs 3DOkid racks her brains once a week in an attempt to stump-the-chump but that's about it. Which is fair enough because I was hardly the pinnacle of usefulness when she was learning to drive.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:22 am

Gir Draxa wrote:
3DOKid wrote:I can quit my job and open a Bangers and Mash restaurant in downtown Tokyo and retire or something. :)
You could combine that with your hobby and perhaps get a catchy title for your restaraunt like:

Finest English Cuisine & Classic Games
"Fresh Food and Old Software"

and you could go with a flat rate offering.
"Any item on the menu, 3 dollars only."

:lol:
Ok, very cheesy humor, but I tell you this... I'd go there often. lol

Drax
Bangers and Blogs then? :D

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:16 am

There are 2 threads on the Racketboy forums going on about the 3DO and are really pissing me off with pathetic tasteless comments like this:

"I could tell you how to burn games, but I can't honestly tell you that any are worth the CDR..."
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:23 am

UnholyTancred wrote:There are 2 threads on the Racketboy forums going on about the 3DO and are really pissing me off with pathetic tasteless comments like this:

"I could tell you how to burn games, but I can't honestly tell you that any are worth the CDR..."
Just a had a look - I can't find them.

(I do live for the day however, that a retro forum doesn't have Nights into Dreams in one of it's top threads. Sega has made loads of brilliant games, and NiD really wasn't one of them)

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:41 am

The 2 threads are in the "Other Platforms" board. There are a couple of clueless hostile tards like the user I quoted but then there are a couple of actual fans. One dude was making recommendations and posted a link to your blog on the top 50 games. But even others when making recommendations didn't even mention Wing Commander III or Space Hulk.

I liked NiGHTS but I didn't love it. I found it enjoyable and really pretty but I just can't figure out how to beat some of those bosses. Also the board is mostly populated by SEGA fanboys so that explains it. I don't post there too often, I mostly lurk around the buy/sell section. Got Xenogears for like $20 a few months back.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:39 am

I love Nights! :D A smidge overrated though ... maybe ...

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:35 am

Trev wrote:I love Nights! :D A smidge overrated though ... maybe ...
I'm so cynical and jaded everything is over-rated these days. Take Resident Evil 5 for instance... (4 was over rated, everything they said was true and more! ...but 5 meh.)

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:55 am

wasn't someone we banned was it?

what with all that CDR talk
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:45 am

mattyg wrote:
wasn't someone we banned was it?

what with all that CDR talk
How many have we banned - we only banned one haven't we?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:52 pm

As far as I know there's only been one banned for ROM stuff but there are a few people on the blacklist.

I really liked NiGHTS, but it was no masterpiece just really fun... kinda like Sonic but in the air. So Unholy what bosses couldn't you beat? It took me a while to figure what to do on some of them but I've managed to beat them all.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:24 pm

It's been a while since I played. One of the bosses was like a rat I think and there were like rockets with lit fuses everywhere. I could never understand what I was supposed to do and ended up getting exploded by those rockets all the time.
-Vladimir Lenin

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:37 am

It was a cat, there were rat bombs with fuses. As each one lit you had to fly over to it and hit it in the direction of the boss. The rat bomb would go off and you would eventually beat it after doing this so many times. You'll end up using a lot of that speed boost so only use it when you need to.