Lost Eden.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Lost Eden.

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:51 am

Why am I mentioning Lost Eden? - 'cos I love it. Not sure why exactly but maybe it's the music - maybe it's the ambition - maybe because it's not an FPS - who knows - who cares. I just won a copy on eBay - I paid over the odds but hey-ho! I've been using a back-up (ahem) for ages but now I have an original - and it's all good!

:) <-- Happy me!

It was on the cover of Edge magazine here in the UK (Edge Magazine is a thinking-mans-man magazine - it thinks it's intellectual game reading - often equates to boring but I have every copy... it's been around for 13 years....!)

3DO Kid!

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:55 am

I just re-read your blog concerning this game. The visuals look fantastic in your screen shots. For some odd reason, I am reminded of Dragon Lore when looking at those images. I've never even plopped this game in a console, so when I finish with Wolfenstein I might give this a go.
Any ideas on how many hours this game demands for completion?

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:17 am

I haven't had a chance to play Lost Eden yet but I've heard great things about it. I'm looking forward to it because I loved 2 other Cryo games, Dune and KGB.

KGB was an awesome but hard as hell game. I loved Dune and I recently got myself the Sega CD version which has stunning voice acting. Yea the colors are a bit lacking due to the limited Genesis color palette and there are a few load times but I don't really care.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:36 am

congrats on getting Lost Eden

i have a question for the owners of Virgin Interactive 3do games, as well as a couple other companies games like Neurodancer, Demolition man etc... pretty much any game in those flip open clam shell boxes

the boxes they made for these games are Horrible and scratch up the CD edges, my original jurassic park was mint except for the ring scuff mark on the edge from the plastic CD holder, ever since then ive been putting those CDs in upside down just incase. the jurassic park still worked but i sold it off when i got a different copy

has anyone else done something like this or noticed the ring scuff marks on their CDs?

here is my lost eden cd which has slight marks around the edges and some finger print marks and dust on it :D you can see it more on the right side
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f105/ ... scuffs.jpg
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:52 pm

I've never noticed those style boxes doing damage to the discs, although I now have most of my 3DO games in a binder/book. At least those boxes hold their shape better than most of the other styles

Lost Eden is a solid title, but a bit repetitive ... it doesn't take too long to go from start to finish. I found it rather easy.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm

UnholyTancred wrote:I haven't had a chance to play Lost Eden yet but I've heard great things about it. I'm looking forward to it because I loved 2 other Cryo games, Dune and KGB.

KGB was an awesome but hard as hell game. I loved Dune and I recently got myself the Sega CD version which has stunning voice acting. Yea the colors are a bit lacking due to the limited Genesis color palette and there are a few load times but I don't really care.
It shares a lot with Dune. I played Dune on my Atari ST for a three days solidly - surviving on Oranges and Skip corn snacks only. And very little sleep.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:50 am

Hmm, I always actually wanted this game and never had the chance to actually play it. One of the games I never got for the system.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!