Maybe I haven't made myself clear?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Maybe I haven't made myself clear?

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:36 pm

I want something to play. Something new. Something exciting.

- It has to be easy.

- Fun. (shooting crap)

- Repetitive. (same crap)

- Cool. (according to me)

- Good graphics. (according to everyone)

- And if not very nearly Japanese (Mirrors Edge I'm looking at you) then very actually Japanese.

- Not an FPS. (Killzone 2 my heart belongs to you - maybe Flashpoint)

- It has to be obscure. (Most people think it's rubbish - but so I don't lose my alternative gamer style... if I ever had any))

- on the PS3/360 (most likely rubbish)

- Packed full of awesomeness. (requires little or no thought!)

Mirrors Edge innit?

13BEAST
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 13BEAST » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:26 pm

Dead Rising, Mass Effect and Gears of War are the best games for the current gen. All involve killing, 2 have great gore, all 3 have great story lines, and all 3 have loads of replay value.

UnholyTancred
3DO ZERO USER

Post by UnholyTancred » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:33 pm

Gears of War is total piss. 4 guys on steroids running around all sounding like they've been smoking a carton of Marlboro's every day of their lives through generic gun metal black environments.

Mirror's Edge was the only game out on the PC in the past few years that blew my mind away and had me replaying it the second I beat it.

PC version pwns console ones due to superior graphics and PhysX features but you can't use 'em unless you have a decent enough Nvidia card.

I played the game on 1920 x 1080 resolution, max settings, and 16x anti-aliasing. Absolutely gorgeous. The story is a VERY weak but hey it was developed by DICE and all they ever do is make multiplayer only games.

Definitely check it out on the PS3 or 360, whichever one has the superior version. Unfortunately it's only 6 hours long. There are also a few incredibly annoying sections that take place indoors. Despite it's flaws it's pretty much the only unique, creative, refreshing game that's been out in a long time.
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."
-Vladimir Lenin

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:17 am

I was not a big fan of the original gears - and I tried, I really did but I only played the single player and frankly i found it boring.

My home PC is not up to the task of running anything in that high res, so I'll get the PS3 version methinks. :)

Dreamstation
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dreamstation » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:36 pm

If want a great FPS play the Resistance games.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:44 pm

I played the first one. Largely, I now believe, because it was the only game on the PS3 at the time. I haven't bothered with the new one... yet.

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:52 pm

Ghost Squad on the wii

hands down classic

fits your criteria and I haven't had this much fun since time crisis in the arcades
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

13BEAST
3DO ZERO USER

Post by 13BEAST » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:15 pm

Fatal Inertia for the 360. It's also on PS3, but I've only played the 360 ver.

It's a cross between XG and F-Zero, built on the Unreal Engine 3.

It's cheap, new, obscure, and you can download a playable demo on Live Marketplace.

Also, Gears is the shit, I don't care what anyone says. It's far from obscure, though, and it's still rather pricey.
Last edited by 13BEAST on Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:33 pm

Bullet Witch for the XBOX 360 fits your criteria. You did say that you "DIDN'T" want a FPS. Bullet Witch is a third person shooter/platformer about a young woman running around the world after the Apocalypse killing Zombies, trying to save what is left of the human race. If you have ever played games like "Loaded", it very much reminds me of what that game would have been like had it been released in a 3D format. You want a game with a decidedly Japanese feel, this game is for you. It's a Japanese developed game but was released by Atari/Infogrames. Most people think it was crap, I loved it. Funny thing is, most people that I know that supposedly "hated" it, end up seeing it at my house and love it like they really never played it and just heard it was crap or read it was crap somewhere. Best part? It's really cheap. Worth the price of admission, I guarantee it.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:07 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:Bullet Witch for the XBOX 360 fits your criteria. You did say that you "DIDN'T" want a FPS. Bullet Witch is a third person shooter/platformer about a young woman running around the world after the Apocalypse killing Zombies, trying to save what is left of the human race. If you have ever played games like "Loaded", it very much reminds me of what that game would have been like had it been released in a 3D format. You want a game with a decidedly Japanese feel, this game is for you. It's a Japanese developed game but was released by Atari/Infogrames. Most people think it was crap, I loved it. Funny thing is, most people that I know that supposedly "hated" it, end up seeing it at my house and love it like they really never played it and just heard it was crap or read it was crap somewhere. Best part? It's really cheap. Worth the price of admission, I guarantee it.
Sold. Right there. Cheers pal.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:18 am

3DOKid wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:Bullet Witch for the XBOX 360 fits your criteria. You did say that you "DIDN'T" want a FPS. Bullet Witch is a third person shooter/platformer about a young woman running around the world after the Apocalypse killing Zombies, trying to save what is left of the human race. If you have ever played games like "Loaded", it very much reminds me of what that game would have been like had it been released in a 3D format. You want a game with a decidedly Japanese feel, this game is for you. It's a Japanese developed game but was released by Atari/Infogrames. Most people think it was crap, I loved it. Funny thing is, most people that I know that supposedly "hated" it, end up seeing it at my house and love it like they really never played it and just heard it was crap or read it was crap somewhere. Best part? It's really cheap. Worth the price of admission, I guarantee it.
Sold. Right there. Cheers pal.
Make sure to let me know what you think. Also remember that XBOX live has a ton of downloadable content for the game including level remixes and new costumes. Also, in case you are wondering about it, here is a gameplay video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6zRLP9zksU

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:21 am

Were you able to snag it? I'm curious to see what you think of it.