FlightStick Pro games

Those old stickies are chilling out here.
Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

FlightStick Pro games

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:03 pm

I've put together a list of games that are compatible with the CH products joystick. Here is what I have ...

-Blade Force
-Cyberia
-Flying Nightmares
-Killing Time
-Mega Race
-Need for Speed
-Operation Jumpgate
-Phoenix 3
-Po'ed
-Return Fire
-Scramble Cobra
-Shock Wave 2: Beyond the Gate
-Space Ace
-Star Fighter
-Star Wars Rebel Assault
-Super Wing Commander
-VR Stalker
-Wing Commander III
[Updated]

Am I forgetting any games?

Also, I'm curious what people's thoughts are about this product. What games do you think are noticeably better when played with it? I think Blade Force is quite improved when used with the Flight stick, although I can't understand it's use in titles like Space Ace :?

I spent a fair chunk of dough on my Flight Stick, and sadly have not used it enough to justify the price. I'm gonna break it out again to see what I've been missing. :)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:16 pm

I had Flight Stick for a while - and indeed, I never used it either. I never been a big fan of analogue controllers - even to this day. I prefer the tap-tap-tap of digitial. Doesn't look as good on the replays mind!

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:12 am

I enjoy the flightstick for STARFIGHTER. Its terrible really for Flying Nightmares. Useless for Killing Time in my opinion. It has it's place, but mostly for flight games. I think you gotta be a fan of it though to use it. Kinda like WAY OF THE WARRIOR, most people either love it or hate it.

btw. anyone here ever try the widescreen option of the various japanese games on the new widescreen tvs? Some like Policenaughts and Sailor Moon look pretty good surprizingly.

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:30 pm

I wanted to make this sticky as it's pretty useful - but I can't. It gets a bump until I figure it out!

EDIT: Sussed it!

flojomojo
3DO ZERO USER

Post by flojomojo » Tue May 01, 2007 3:23 am

Is Super Wing Commander compatible, too?

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Tue May 01, 2007 3:30 am

Yes, Super Wing Commander also supports the joystick.

flojomojo
3DO ZERO USER

Post by flojomojo » Tue May 01, 2007 4:05 am

Neato torpedo! Now to find some time to play that moldy oldie. :lol:

maclic
3DO ZERO USER

Post by maclic » Fri May 04, 2007 4:32 am

The flight stick pro is one of my favorite accesories for any game system. In my opinion every single game improves a lot with this thing. Some games are hard at the beggining (like killing time, too sensitive) but once you get used to it, the control of the games improves a lot. Well, that´s just my opinion.

By the way, Cyberia supports the flight stick too, but it is the only game that doesn´t work ok with it for me.

Ah, and you forgot my favorite one, Shock wave 2: beyond the game, I really love this game.

maclic.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri May 25, 2007 8:24 pm

By the way, Cyberia supports the flight stick too, but it is the only game that doesn´t work ok with it for me.
I never knew Cyberia could be played w/the joystick. Seems like an odd choice since the shooting sections are on rails. What compatibility issues are there?

maclic
3DO ZERO USER

Post by maclic » Sun May 27, 2007 1:02 am

I never knew Cyberia could be played w/the joystick. Seems like an odd choice since the shooting sections are on rails. What compatibility issues are there?
In the first shooting secuence when you control a cannon, you move the cannon with the cap buttons, but the normal control works better. In the other shooting secuences you move the cursor with the stick, but it is not presice.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:58 am

Personally I found to have much better control in Killing Time with it. You can easily look side to side with it as well as get better reaction time, I also can aim better.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:38 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Personally I found to have much better control in Killing Time with it. You can easily look side to side with it as well as get better reaction time, I also can aim better.
Welcome aboard! Nice collection by the way.

For reasons I can't fully remember - I had a Flight Stick Pro for the 3DO. And then I sold it on eBay. Now i want one again. Oh well.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:32 pm

I found mine in a funny way. There was a game shop that I used to go to that sold lots of older games and one day I was in the store and the box was just sitting there. I pointed to it and said, "I want that, it's sold." The guys were totally surprised, apparently it had been there since they opened but no one would buy it so they just buried it one day. One of the guys actually said he should get a commission for actually selling it, heh I picked it up for $12 still in the box.

elpotro
3DO ZERO USER

Post by elpotro » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 pm

shockwave 2 support this joystick too, but the first shockwave not, i dont understand why this option dont exist....

wulfren
3DO ZERO USER

Post by wulfren » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:00 am

question/suggestion

is there any form of quick reference card that came with or can be found for the general controls of the stick and maybe a list of do & do not do's for the stick itself that way could make this a full blown sticky about the details of the controller itself and the games that support it
Wulfren

~Lupine Nobilis~

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:59 pm

I don't recall, I'd have to dig out my box to see. The controls actually vary from game to game and are normally listed either in the manual or in the game it self.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Re: FlightStick Pro games

Post by Gunstar » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:24 am

Trev wrote:I've put together a list of games that are compatible with the CH products joystick. Here is what I have ...

-Blade Force
-Flying Nightmares
-Killing Time
-Mega Race
-Need for Speed
-Operation Jumpgate
-Phoenix 3
-Po'ed
-Return Fire
-Scramble Cobra
-Space Ace
-Star Fighter
-Star Wars Rebel Assault
-VR Stalker
-Wing Commander III

Am I forgetting any games?

Also, I'm curious what people's thoughts are about this product. What games do you think are noticeably better when played with it? I think Blade Force is quite improved when used with the Flight stick, although I can't understand it's use in titles like Space Ace :?

I spent a fair chunk of dough on my Flight Stick, and sadly have not used it enough to justify the price. I'm gonna break it out again to see what I've been missing. :)
Shockwave and Shockwave 2 use it.

Hello all!

I sort of introduced myself in the tell us about yourself thread, but I'll add a little here; long time fan, owned a 3DO since '96, currently own and FZ-1 model, it was the model I owned first, sold it, bought a Goldstar later becuase that's all I could find at the time, it was crap and broke. I'll never buy another Goldstar product. Then I replaced it it was an FZ-10, and I recently sold it in order to buy my first, the FZ-1 which is my favorite for the style and larger controllers.
So, I now have an FZ-1, 2 FZ-1 controllers, one Goldstar controller and of course, the 3DO CH products Flightstick; I use it whenever I can. and have almost all the games that use it.
My favorite games are Starfighter, Need for Speed, SpaceHulk, Battlesport, S-Wing Commander&Wing Commander III, Po'ed and several others. I did have two CH Flightsticks, but gave one to a friend and fellow 3DO fan that lives near me, he couldn't find one, and borrowed mine for about a year, and since I had two, I just let him keep the second. I had two versions of it, one with the pass-through connection to daisychain other controllers and one without it, I game my friend the one without the pass-through connector.

lastly, I'm the best 3DO Need for Speed player in the world and am willing to prove it; with or without the Flightstick. I'm willing to post times you guys wouldn't have though possible, with absolutely no cheating (not sure if there's a way to cheat anyway). I've just played it so much over the years, since it's my all-time favorite racer, that I've gotten THAT good at the game. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is...any takers? 8)

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:50 am

Hello again. You are the best NFS player in the world eh? That's not possible - because you're not me. ;)

3DO kid.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:56 pm

3DOKid wrote:Hello again. You are the best NFS player in the world eh? That's not possible - because you're not me. ;)

3DO kid.
Finally! Someone to challenge my AUTHORITY! Is there a way to post best time pics from our TV screens? I'll blow your mind...you THOUGHT you were the best, I KNOW I am, so much so that I'm willing to stake my life on it, if that were an option. :twisted:

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:01 am

Gunstar wrote:
3DOKid wrote:Hello again. You are the best NFS player in the world eh? That's not possible - because you're not me. ;)

3DO kid.
Finally! Someone to challenge my AUTHORITY! Is there a way to post best time pics from our TV screens? I'll blow your mind...you THOUGHT you were the best, I KNOW I am, so much so that I'm willing to stake my life on it, if that were an option. :twisted:
Hmm, little Gunstar made it over here finally, huh? Nice to see you brother. Both of you suck Donkey Sack at NFS as I am a God at it.

Well, not really, but I just wanted to get in on the pissing contest too! Truthfully though, I will crush you all with my mad skills at Pataank. Again, don't know if that's cool or what, but I am damn good at it! :lol: Gunstar is cool, and a Jaguar fan too. Oh God, not another one! :twisted:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:15 am

Gunstar wrote:Is there a way to post best time pics from our TV screens?
just take a picture of the screen and host it at photobucket or some other pic hosting site. unless you dont have a digital camera

i never got that good at the game myself i liked to mess aroind more than play the game after awhile :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:19 am

Lemmi wrote:
just take a picture of the screen and host it at photobucket or some other pic hosting site. unless you dont have a digital camera

i never got that good at the game myself i liked to mess aroind more than play the game after awhile :)
I have a digital camera, I meant was there a way to post pics on this forum, like most other forums in this day and age...besides, it's a 3DO thing and deserves to be posted here, for one and all to see and/or join in on. It takes the fun and excitement, and bragging rights out of it if it's pictures posted on some other site...even with a link or whatever. :roll:

Me thinks this site needs a high-score/bragging rights/contest subforum where pictures can be posted, even if not throughout the forum...
Last edited by Gunstar on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:22 am

T2KFreeker wrote:
Gunstar wrote:

3DO kid.
Hmm, little Gunstar made it over here finally, huh? Nice to see you brother. Both of you suck Donkey Sack at NFS as I am a God at it.

Well, not really, but I just wanted to get in on the pissing contest too! Truthfully though, I will crush you all with my mad skills at Pataank. Again, don't know if that's cool or what, but I am damn good at it! :lol: Gunstar is cool, and a Jaguar fan too. Oh God, not another one! :twisted:
I signed up a couple weeks ago, but was just to busy to post after I was given the go-ahead e-mail, and then I went to try the site out and found my account had been deactivated becuase I didn't post right away :roll: , so I had to resubmit and start over... :(

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:31 am

Gunstar wrote:
Lemmi wrote:

I have a digital camera, I meant was there a way to post pics on this forum, like most other forums in this day and age...besides, it's a 3DO thing and deserves to be posted here, for one and all to see and/or join in on. It takes the fun and excitement, and bragging rights out of it if it's pictures posted on some other site...even with a link or whatever. :roll:

Me thinks this site needs a high-score/bragging rights/contest subforum where pictures can be posted, even if not throughout the forum...

if you use photobucket, they give you a link to post so you can see the picture on any forum, not just a link to the picture

i will show you :P
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:42 am

Lemmi wrote:
Gunstar wrote:
Lemmi wrote: just take a picture of the screen and host it at photobucket or some other pic hosting site. unless you dont have a digital camera

if you use photobucket, they give you a link to post so you can see the picture on any forum, not just a link to the picture

i will show you :P
O.K., that's cool! I'll look into it, but I've never used photobucket, so it may be a while before I can get any pics up here...

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:14 am

Gunstar wrote:

3DO kid.
I don't think I'm the best. I know I'm the best.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:33 am

O.K., so we BOTH know we are the best, so we both can't be right; I guess it's time to stop saying and start showing. I'll look into posting pics of my best times for each course/segment through photobucket or whatever it's called...man are you going to be suprised...no, shocked.
I'm so confident that you could never possibly be better than me, or beat any times I post, that I'll post first and you can take your sweet time in trying to beat my times; it ain't going to happen...ever.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:48 am

...pffft

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:15 am

Ego. It's what's for dinner. 8)
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 am

...what he doesn't know is that I'm x-man from NFS, the real Ridge Racer and Takumi Fujiwara all rolled into one racing game demon. I'm so good -- I don't use the pad. Through the mighty power of my presence I set the top times in NFS. In fact, I have to temper my powers so the game doesn't crash.