Theme Park thread

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Theme Park thread

Post by MegaData » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:39 am

I loaded one of my saved games and I tried the #2 keypad which brought up a familiar display asking if I was certain I wanted to QUIT. I do not think I've ever been certain before. This does work if you want to CONTINUE playing BEFORE the game demo launches. There isn't much time before that happens though. You don't want to do this instead of pause. The continue option is lost once the demo starts. Although "continue" is not completely broken, it is a last ditch effort to save a game you may not have been entirely sure you wanted to quit in the first place.

The only way I know of to save a game is at the end of each year, after the trophy screen and ranking displays. [checkmark to proceed] There will be comparison results for the year you just played and the previous year, which shows you what the land tax is and your maximum loan amount, expenses, among other things; off to the left of the checkmark is a box that asks if you want to auction off your park. If you move the direction pad pointer over that, select it with a button press, the park goes to auction and after bidding has concluded you will be able to enter a name you want your save to be (I suggest 8 characters or less) and it saves your balance AND any map progress you have made. It isn't real obvious that the option is there because the box around the auction option is the same background color as the rest of the screen. Unfortunately, the next map location requires you to have a successful park to be able to afford the next location. (It took 20 million just to play Japan) This is why I pause the game for long lengths of time.

This is probably something that should be in one of those videos that tells people how to navigate gameplay options. I sleep late in the day and places close earlier than they used to. It's hard for me to look into things like video capture, but I may get there in a couple months. :roll:
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:08 am

Updated first post with strategies/hints.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:07 am

Here's a half hour long Theme Park video where a girl got a 100% happiness. Her park is insane.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mtXQzRrnbds
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:17 pm

I believe I found an advantage to the Jaguar version and possibly other console versions. In the Jaguar version when you control the park time and go down to -20 it really is significant. It slows down things significantly and allows you to build your park in a sort of time bubble that is convenient. However people will never enter your park until time goes back to normal.

In the PC version it only has regular time and then below that slow time which seems to be maybe 1⁄4 percent off of standard time if that. And it's really not significant enough to allow you time to build your park before too much time has gone and you can comfortably open your park.

Advantage- Jaguar.

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MegaData » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:21 am

a31chris wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:07 am
Here's a half hour long Theme Park video where a girl got a 100% happiness. Her park is insane.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mtXQzRrnbds
If you keep your eyes glued to the screen, you can see that little person on the far right is snoozing (Z's overhead) with a red (angry) mark just before she proceeds to the next screen. Not 100% and probably playing on an easy setting. Fresh approach and her reasoning is interesting but I don't see the snake tubing as a good use of space. She's neglecting her park while she speaks. She did notice her tubing needed a mechanic but people are flying off the rails (tubing, race cars, and coaster) She was saying that people seemed to prefer the right side of her park even though she mirrored everything on the left. Alyssa didn't notice the puke all over the left sidewalk? Her handyman is circling Pokey Cola with no sense of direction... There is a lot of things to cover in the game. I'd have to make a list myself...

I have sped up the time and kept the park closed to generate more research. You don't have to pay for maintenance, handymen, or inventory if the park doesn't have people! This can become a problem for awards. Still, the first year of your park you never have competition so you always start at #1. Money is needed for that research and awards do generate funds. Definitely something to play with. I also slow everything down when the advisor suggests replacing rides. That does come later in the game. Have I written this before? :D

Do I need a computer with these capture cards? They just hook up to the videogame system and I can transfer the video to the PC later? I did go to Best Buy who only had a $200 hdmi hook-up. He didn't know what an s-video cable was. Another salesman at Walmart said they had one video capture and I wouldn't like the quality... So, I really am at a loss on anything local. What ever happened to Radio Shack? They seemed to know some things locally although I did know more than they did about hooking up a 7800 without the switchbox... I never got back to him that the little co-axil cable connector works just fine. Ah-well, it's still good to ask. Sometimes you meet people with generations of knowledge. Maybe I could try Videogames Etc.?
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:19 am

Try this easy cap USB2.0. It's like $10

https://www.amazon.com/EasyCap-Capture- ... B01H6OQI1W

I ran across this in the description of a charming video where a man and his 7 year old godson play Xenomorph on the Atari XL/XE. The little guy just tears it up.

You can see for yourself the quality of the capture it looks pretty good.. Assuming I looked up the same/similar piece of hardware they referred to in capturing this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Komt5XeBWEM&t=35s

Also available at Wal-Mart etc. Hell it's only $10. If you don't like the end result take it back.