Supply and demand is "Out of this World!"

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Supply and demand is "Out of this World!"

Post by Walter_j64bit » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:33 am

I was just looking at Another World perorder post on AA things are getting out of hand it remind me of the time when 4 play was selling BS/BSG. Did I read this right there are only 200 copy's of Another World? WOW!

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Supply and demand is "Out of this World!"

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:51 am

Walter_j64bit wrote:I was just looking at Another World perorder post on AA things are getting out of hand it remind me of the time when 4 play was selling BS/BSG. Did I read this right there are only 200 copy's of Another World? WOW!
Yep. RGC only made 200 copies.

The thing that left a bit of a bitter aftertaste with most individuals (including myself, if I'm honest) was that they announced a pre-order/payment window from Early Jan (can't remember exact date) until 15 Feb 2013. Now, a lot of people 'held back', wanting to pay as their pay checks came in at the end of Jan/First week of Feb (I get paid on the 5th, for example). However, without warning, the preorder window was closed unexpectedly and, upon further questioning, we were only THEN made aware that there was a limited number of copies available :roll:

From a personal perspective, had I have known about the limited number, I would have borrowed money from the missus until a week later, just to secure a copy for the game for Jag. FYI... it would have been opened, played and played some more. I love Another World (Yes, AW... not that OOW nonsense :mrgreen: ), more so than Flashback. I love Prince of Persia too. I sort of hold all 3 in similar regard. Similar sort of games imo.

Yeah, I'm not a shelf hoarder nor a speculator. My copy certainly wouldn't have turned up on eBay 48hrs later at an inflated price.

Fingers crossed for this 2nd run, eh? I'd LOVE to have AW on Cart, for Jaguar 8)

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:27 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:
Walter_j64bit wrote:I was just looking at Another World perorder post on AA things are getting out of hand it remind me of the time when 4 play was selling BS/BSG. Did I read this right there are only 200 copy's of Another World? WOW!
Yep. RGC only made 200 copies.

The thing that left a bit of a bitter aftertaste with most individuals (including myself, if I'm honest) was that they announced a pre-order/payment window from Early Jan (can't remember exact date) until 15 Feb 2013. Now, a lot of people 'held back', wanting to pay as their pay checks came in at the end of Jan/First week of Feb (I get paid on the 5th, for example). However, without warning, the preorder window was closed unexpectedly and, upon further questioning, we were only THEN made aware that there was a limited number of copies available :roll:

From a personal perspective, had I have known about the limited number, I would have borrowed money from the missus until a week later, just to secure a copy for the game for Jag. FYI... it would have been opened, played and played some more. I love Another World (Yes, AW... not that OOW nonsense :mrgreen: ), more so than Flashback. I love Prince of Persia too. I sort of hold all 3 in similar regard. Similar sort of games imo.

Yeah, I'm not a shelf hoarder nor a speculator. My copy certainly wouldn't have turned up on eBay 48hrs later at an inflated price.

Fingers crossed for this 2nd run, eh? I'd LOVE to have AW on Cart, for Jaguar 8)
I agree about the deadline thing. I think it was nonsense. I also missed out on the sale because of it. I also think someone else should probably handle the distribution of Another World besides RGC. They took too long to get product out IMO once they had everyone's money. Orion used the same jagtopus boards RGC used and managed to get his orders out in a timely manner and he was just one guy in his spare time. RGC took almost a year to begin shipping things.

However I kinda think it was a good thing that if they only had 200 orders to make they would not announce the amount they intend to aim for because otherwise the rich people and speculators would have hoarded even more.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:01 pm

RGCD is more much reputable than the last production. I would have preordered had I seen this one as well. The first run was even more sketchy from the very beginning.
That being said, there are endless options for this game, so this is just an argument for Jag collectors. And we know how those people can be....

ovalbugmann
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ovalbugmann » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:37 am

Yeah, I was on the list for the first run of Another world but was a few days late in ordering when the announcement was given so I missed out on it. I'm on the list for the 2nd run, I hope, as I'm looking forward to this game a lot. I hope I can get
a copy of it by Christmas.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:48 pm

sneth wrote:RGCD is more much reputable than the last production.
You lost me here. Not sure what you meant by that. Who is more reputable than who?
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:07 am

I have a copy. Very well done box manual and cart which I liked not yet owning a cd. Something about a cart and seeing a cool label like doom appeals to me. Was beginning to wonder if I had been conned at times but deep down knew it would eventually be done. I would definitely buy from them again and I hope they do another run for the guys who missed it. First homebrew game I had purchased so wasn't sure what to expect but the product is nice. I stumbled upon it by chance having finally snagged a Jaguar and becoming rather into it. I really wish somehow a version of doom 2 could come out on cartridge.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:18 pm

a31chris wrote:
You lost me here. Not sure what you meant by that. Who is more reputable than who?
RGCD is a known seller with a history of delivering titles. The first run of this game was some french site that showed little to no information. You were just supposed to send paypal money, and hope you got something. That's the only reason i skipped on this game.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:26 pm

sneth wrote:
a31chris wrote:
RGCD is a known seller with a history of delivering titles. The first run of this game was some french site that showed little to no information. You were just supposed to send paypal money, and hope you got something. That's the only reason i skipped on this game.

But it wasn't "Just Some French Site" that was handling the distribution of the game, it was RGCD. Believe me, especially us ex JSII guys, we know all too well the Another World Fiasco as it was partially responsible for the toasting of the site. Not the game itself, but crap that happened later with physical copies of the game leading to more Flame Wars. RGCD did indeed handle the distribution of the game and they screwed the pooch. I was pretty mad too as I was just three days away from getting the game when they pulled the "Limited Release" nonsense. The only good news that came out of it for me was that the same edition was released on the Ouya around the same time, so I was able to get the Anniversary edition anyway for pretty cheap. Still, it would have been nice to have the Jaguar release though.

RGCD may have improved since the release. It might even have been the actual developers faults for slowing things up. If you don't keep the people informed as to what is going on and then even go so far as to either ignore them or take attitude with them when they are asking logical questions, it doesn't help you or your reputation. Just saying.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:25 pm

I had to wait a while for my replies to emails regarding when it would be shipped etc but they did send out notifications that it had been delayed due to issues initially with the cartridge assembler I believe. I would have liked to be able to get the heretic cart that's mentioned in another thread here as I like doom a lot however sadly the general jaguar community issues seem to have applied to both these games. I was fortunate but I would have been annoyed to be told I had missed out. I do believe they were just a few guys doing it in their spare time and perhaps underestimated the demands involved in producing such a quality product. However I am also glad they kept me informed and they did take the time to do it properly. Communication could be better and I am sure they would have learned from it. Have seen folk selling copies on eBay of course and I was under distinct impression there would definitely be a second run as the demand was there but sounds like there is still a lot of people who want a copy and are waiting/unsure if they will be able to get one which is a shame.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:14 am

Retrofanatic83 wrote:I had to wait a while for my replies to emails regarding when it would be shipped etc but they did send out notifications that it had been delayed due to issues initially with the cartridge assembler I believe. I would have liked to be able to get the heretic cart that's mentioned in another thread here as I like doom a lot however sadly the general jaguar community issues seem to have applied to both these games. I was fortunate but I would have been annoyed to be told I had missed out. I do believe they were just a few guys doing it in their spare time and perhaps underestimated the demands involved in producing such a quality product. However I am also glad they kept me informed and they did take the time to do it properly. Communication could be better and I am sure they would have learned from it. Have seen folk selling copies on eBay of course and I was under distinct impression there would definitely be a second run as the demand was there but sounds like there is still a lot of people who want a copy and are waiting/unsure if they will be able to get one which is a shame.

WOT dood.

anyways. when pre orders first came out, it was on this site. which didn't look like it had any affiliation with anyone yet.
http://mleguludec.free.fr/product/AnotherWorld_Jaguar/

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:31 pm

What does that mean?

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:21 am

Any news on this, I hate to see jag fans missing out on this game.

Saturn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Saturn » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:26 pm

Walter_j64bit wrote:Any news on this, I hate to see jag fans missing out on this game.
I received an email a few days ago saying I was added to the list 8)
I don't know how long that list is but it's something, I guess.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:11 pm

I'm not holding my breath for this. Even when he does start another run it will probably take another year after that to get them all to those who paid like last time. I don't think RGC should handle it.

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:13 am

a31chris wrote:I'm not holding my breath for this. Even when he does start another run it will probably take another year after that to get them all to those who paid like last time. I don't think RGC should handle it.
Too bad Songbird Productions has not step in this would bets way to get this game out.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:44 pm

a31chris wrote:I'm not holding my breath for this. Even when he does start another run it will probably take another year after that to get them all to those who paid like last time. I don't think RGC should handle it.
Perhaps.

But I, for one, am just grateful, full stop, that anyone whatsoever is going to undertake this task to issue a 2nd run.

I'm sure there are many, MANY of us who feel the exact same way :)

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:45 pm

Anyone who was added to second run wait list have any update at all?

Saturn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Saturn » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:02 am

I emailed them a couple months ago and asked if I would actually be receiving the game or was I just on the list as a backup or something (since there was an auction for a copy I was interested in.) A reply was sent some 10 days later with an actual number. So, waiting for mine to come up but don't know where they're at currently. I'm assuming by what I've read at AtariAge that it must be between 112 & 134 at the moment.
The most recent posts for this assumption are here and here.
The posts in between the two don't have a lot to do with determining the progress. (at least, not that I was able to read into it).

Assuming RGC only emails someone when their copy is close to being produced, that would put the number at or close to 134. Not the most scientific way to find answers but it's all I've got to go on atm lol.
Hope any of that helps.

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:08 pm

They will get yours to you soon I hope man good to know it's not been abandoned

Saturn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Saturn » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:56 am

I got the email yesterday morning for a payment amount. Cart #160.
Paypal'ed what appeared to be the amount but haven't heard back on receipt of it or a proposed shipping date.
Will post when there's more 8)

Saturn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Saturn » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:02 pm

The game shipped today so just need to wait through the holiday lag in shipping plus the time it would normally take for it to travel that far.
Looking forward to getting my mits on this finally 8)

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:21 pm

:D 8) all is well that ends well. The difficulty of getting some stuff on the Jaguar is annoying but it's satisfying as well. It's a great game and the box manual and cart sticker are all class. Would def buy from them again if they do other stuff.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:31 am

Yeah I'm over it. The way RGC has handled this whole situation both times has been complete shit.

Saturn
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Saturn » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:19 am

Saturn wrote:The game shipped today so just need to wait through the holiday lag in shipping plus the time it would normally take for it to travel that far.
Looking forward to getting my mits on this finally 8)
The game arrived today. Can't wait to tear into it 8)