Declare list for another run of Skunkboards

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Declare list for another run of Skunkboards

Post by a31chris » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:38 pm

My understanding this is not a pre-order but a 'declare list'. They are doing another run of skunkboards and need to know the #s.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/223026 ... try2945375
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Declare list for another run of Skunkboards

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:37 pm

Do want. I put myself down for 1.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MegaData » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:20 am

I still haven't used my first one!

I really need to find a complete Windows 98 OS, for like $20 or less. (My manuals were ruined in a basement sewer flood in... like 2011. Black Mold = trash.) People try to sell it for $50 on eBay whereas people laugh at me and look at me funny if I try looking for it locally. Oh, then they smirk and say, "second hand... eBay is your best bet!" Bah!
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:29 am

Hi MegaData it's good to see you made it here! Why you do need win98 for anyway?

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MegaData » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:57 am

Yeah, I agree, it is good to see some familiar names/handles. ;)

Sorry if I didn't make it very clear. I have fault on my harddrive that won't let me boot without the OS disc. I require Windows 98 to access the CyberMax Tower containing all my Atari Jaguar developer folders... like "Native Spirit rev#4."
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:03 am

MegaData wrote:Yeah, I agree, it is good to see some familiar names/handles. ;)

Sorry if I didn't make it very clear. I have fault on my harddrive that won't let me boot without the OS disc. I require Windows 98 to access the CyberMax Tower containing all my Atari Jaguar developer folders... like "Native Spirit rev#4."
I think I've got one here somewhere, you need win98SE? I'll have to turn the house upside to find it.

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MegaData » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:14 am

Walter_j64bit wrote:
MegaData wrote:Yeah, I agree, it is good to see some familiar names/handles. ;)

I think I've got one here somewhere, you need win98SE? I'll have to turn the house upside to find it.
PM Sent.
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:33 am

If that falls through (if he can't find it) I have an original disc of Win98 SE and a key I will happily send you, no manual, just the disc with the key written on it with permanent marker.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:36 am

Same here, if for some reason you don't get one from anybody else I know I have a Win98 disc floating around. Prob both first and second ed.

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:40 pm

Found it! It was in with Jag CD's! :lol:

MegaData
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MegaData » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:51 pm

You guys are awesome!

It was funny I ended up with two manuals for the old OS I used to have. I am probably better off without one in the end... although I've never really had a problem with water in my basement (just at the edges) until the sewer belched up it's murky mess.

I don't see anything in my eMail or that I have any new messages though. Did Walter get my PM? Do PMs go to eMail here?
With meddlesome charm,
MegaData

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:47 pm

MegaData wrote:You guys are awesome!

It was funny I ended up with two manuals for the old OS I used to have. I am probably better off without one in the end... although I've never really had a problem with water in my basement (just at the edges) until the sewer belched up it's murky mess.

I don't see anything in my eMail or that I have any new messages though. Did Walter get my PM? Do PMs go to eMail here?
Dont worry, I've got your eMail I'll send out the CD by Tuesday. 8)

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:16 pm

Check your PM MegaData. 8)

The Laird
3DO ZERO USER

Post by The Laird » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:18 am

Was a bit silly just posting this at AA, there are loads of people who want one who are not members there.

Walter_j64bit
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Walter_j64bit » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:58 pm

The Laird wrote:Was a bit silly just posting this at AA, there are loads of people who want one who are not members there.
I'm member of AA, I just don't care too much for the Jag Forum there, now for all the forum on AA I don't have any problems with. 8)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:32 pm

I've never really gotten deep into the AA forums, definitely not the Jag one there. I pretty much kept to the 2600 and I really felt overwhelmed with that.

Fair warning, we are notorious for thread derailments here.

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:18 am

Walter_j64bit wrote:
The Laird wrote:Was a bit silly just posting this at AA, there are loads of people who want one who are not members there.
I'm member of AA, I just don't care too much for the Jag Forum there, now for all the forum on AA I don't have any problems with. 8)
I agree 100%, the 8-bit and ST forums I frequent a lot and they are an entirely different world to the Jag forum. I think the main reason is that since the media was so biased to the Jag back in the day, and so many believed it all hook-line-and-sinker, that you get a lot of people that hang out there, just to trash it. I think most that go there do own a Jaguar, but their first love(s) is with another console so they like to trash the Jag out of misguided loyalties to another console which they prefer.

So, you are left with Jag fans, and then owners of the Jag that aren't necessarily big fans, so the sh*t hits the fan a lot. It might be better if like myself; If I own a console I don't care for too much, maybe just a few games, I generally get rid of it, but in any case, I never visit sites for stuff I don't own, and if I do own something that I'm only moderately interested in for a few games, like the PSX, I also don't visit sites, but I also don't bother trashing other consoles regardless. Of course for some reason the Jag also just attracts many strange people (some of us are moderately normal) and so the whole community is a big mixed bag. yet, it's one of the consoles with the biggest homebrew scenes at the same time...it's definitely the weirdest online community I've ever been a part of...
Anyway, for the most part, AA is a great site with lots of great people, the Jaguar forum just stands alone as a really crappy one. :cry:

Anyway, silly or not, stuff like this gets posted there first and most because it's the largest Atari and Jag community out there, I think...
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:30 am

I'd rather have something like this than a skunkboard.

The Laird
3DO ZERO USER

Post by The Laird » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Gunstar wrote: Anyway, silly or not, stuff like this gets posted there first and most because it's the largest Atari and Jag community out there, I think...
Probably, but had they posted it on RVG too for example they would have sold at least another 20 to the Jaguar fans there that don't frequent AA.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:28 am

WillyVM just popped up to say there will be enough boards for everyone. Implying even for the late comers so I'm assuming they are just making a bulk batch. Requests must be up to 200+ by now.
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman