Jaguar release steals 3DO footage?

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Jaguar release steals 3DO footage?

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:21 am

Yeah, you read it. "9 Lives" is being released from Laird Games. Not sure if it's the same Laird from Atari Age, but if so, the guy is a pathological liar anyway. Hell, there is a video with developer Jeff Minter where he is caught red handed lying to him!
Anyway, the gmae is a cenepack collection of video of Jaguar games that were never finished or released. Although I cannot confirm that the footage from the video of Virtuoso is from the 3DO release, although I'd be willing to bet that it is, but take a look at the short clip of the Waterworld footage and tell me it doesn't look vaguely familiar? Footage of Jaguar games that never released running on actual Jaguar hardware as they have eluded to? I think not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... i7WJ4lPYKw
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Re: Jaguar release steals 3DO footage?

Post by Trev » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:56 am

I tried wathcing the whole vid, but had had to give up ... it was giving me a headache it was so out of focus. The Waterworld footage does look like that found on the Interplay Buffet demo disc. I didn't get far enough to see Virtuoso or Power Slide.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:56 am

Yeah T2K, that's the same Laird.

I did catch the Virtuoso footage in the video. It ran way too smooth to be the 3DO version. Judging by this guy's track record, I'm betting it was taken from the PC version of the game.

*Edit: Haha.. Oh man. After a quick search, it turns out the Virtuoso footage is indeed from the PC version--ripped straight from someone else's video. Check this out:

Original YouTube clip: http://youtu.be/GkUADbSnh3Q?t=1m24s

"9 Lives" version: http://youtu.be/JxMdDwDWVA0?t=2m45s

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Yeah, I noticed that. The dude had the audacity to add a copyright to it too, like he owns the video footage he stole from someone else too. What a douche. :roll:

The Laird
3DO ZERO USER

Post by The Laird » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:15 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:Yeah, you read it. "9 Lives" is being released from Laird Games. Not sure if it's the same Laird from Atari Age, but if so, the guy is a pathological liar anyway. Hell, there is a video with developer Jeff Minter where he is caught red handed lying to him!
Anyway, the gmae is a cenepack collection of video of Jaguar games that were never finished or released. Although I cannot confirm that the footage from the video of Virtuoso is from the 3DO release, although I'd be willing to bet that it is, but take a look at the short clip of the Waterworld footage and tell me it doesn't look vaguely familiar? Footage of Jaguar games that never released running on actual Jaguar hardware as they have eluded to? I think not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... i7WJ4lPYKw
I was alerted to this thread by a member here, so thanks for the heads up. It's amazing how much complete rubbish still gets talked about me some 2 or 3 years after I left the Jaguar scene. I should be flattered I suppose but this obsession people have with me is actually quite disturbing.

Can you please post this video of me "lying" to Jeff Minter please because I would love to see it. Given that all 3 times I met him nobody was filming me it must be some real covert ops stuff! Call the FBI!!!

If you had bothered to do your research you would have seen that I credited the guy who supplied the Virtuoso footage, the very same guy who posted the You Tube videos! Funny that!

Taken from the press release for 9 Lives:
9 Lives is a unique collection of footage from games planned for release on the Atari Jaguar that has been converted into Cinepak for play on your Atari Jaguar CD. From the comic book styled fighter Lobo to the all action shoot ‘em up Livewire, all these games represent a great example of what could have been. Some of these games are rumoured to exist in real form, so who knows there might be more lives left in big cat yet!
Nowhere does it say I used footage from the actual Jaguar game (although many of the games on the CD actually do). Also it's worth noting that the video contains some very short clips of the actual product, not even close to what you see in the full release, and so people here are making a lot of assumptions based on that it seems.

I don't remember a single person criticising B&C's release of the Demolition Man Cinepak demo which uses footage from the 3DO version (that they still sell by the way on their website) neither did people comment how none of copyright holders were credited in it. Then there is the Doom 3 demo that TXG/MNX did that uses PC game footage, or the films that Video 61 sell, or . . . . . I could go on.

I am perfectly within my rights to copyright a product I have produced by hand at my own expense so people don't rip it off and sell their own copies of it. Again if you had done your research you would also know that this demo is being sold "not for profit". Not only that but the first run of 9 Lives, made up of numbered collectors editions, will be sold at a video game show this weekend with ALL the money raised from it going to Cancer Research. But yeah, I am a crook . . . . .

Considering the lengths you went to to get certain people banned on JS2, including making up complete lies and getting Belboz to hack their accounts (I saw ALL the threads in the so called hidden JS2 Platinum forum by the way and still have proof of these shenanigans) it's pretty rich for you to go around accusing other people of stuff. Especially when you STILL owe me money for CD-i games I sent you and, from what I have heard, other people for similar things too!

How is Metro Blaster coming along by the way?

I am sitting on several complete and unreleased Jaguar prototypes (as many people know) and I know the whereabouts of at least 8 more but it's no wonder that people don't want to release them when the so called "Jaguar community" act like this. Utterly shameful.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:04 pm

The Laird wrote:I was alerted to this thread by a member here, so thanks for the heads up
That's interesting. Should be too difficult to pinpoint, as there's only around 5 of us who visit and post regularly.

Guess we'll just have to wait on Freekers response now...

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:20 pm

It wasn't me.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:59 pm

If it descends to petty bickering (name calling) everyone gets banned. Just so we're clear.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:10 pm

My response is an easy one Kizza, laird, Lynxgod, whatever, you have been a cancer to any community that you have been a part of. You came to JSII starting crap, and then, some other crap that followed you there, we had to freakin' bad users from another site just to keep the peace over at JSII because of this crap. As for Belboz breaking into other people's accounts and that crap, I have no clue man, but without Jay to say one way or the other, I have no clue man. All I know is this, you sir are a liar. You were paid for the CD-i games, so that is null and void and I owe nobody any money. Whatever Laird. You got banned from JSII, you got banned from Atari Age, and you got me banned from GORF's site even though, if you read the damn threads you say you have read, I was the one saying perhaps Jay should take a second thought about banning you, Dude. The fact that you didn't even bring that up proves to me, that as usual, you are full of crap, again. I have seen the crap you started AFTER you left JSII, and that's where I finally had enough of your garbage, and it's the reason there should be no use for you. You just can't help yourself man. It's impossible for you to just sit back and enjoy a forum without you causing some kind of controversy.

As for the Lies and interview, you were right, I was mistaken, it wasn't Jeff Minter. My Mistake. However, the interview was with Nolan Buschnell. Twenty Minutes in he's talking about software he is designing to help teachers, you tell him "That's Great. I'm a teacher." Then Buschnell starts talking about you helping him get the software into Europe and you immediately backpedal and start saying, "Well, I'm not really a teacher . . ." See? you just can't help yourself. Here is the link and let's see how long it works before you take the video down. I just hope that somebody here see's it and can back me up before you do to prove my point, you lying piece of crap! This has nothing to do with the Jaguar community being crap, it has to do with people like you coming in and freakin' pushing everyone's buttons and starting it up. Reboot comes to mind. Did I like reboot? Hell No I didn't. Most everyone didn't either. We got them calmed down and they stopped and what happened? You jerks started making those videos bashing everyone and claimed it was Reboot so they got banned, but guess what? We found out IT WAS YOU THE WHOLE TIME! So what happened? Jay banned you for lying and framing them for making videos on youtube they didn't do. You specifically are one of the reasons why the Jaguar community fell apart. You aren't happy unless you are causing controversy. You can't Help yourself. Just be yourself man, perhaps people might actually like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUW4ycNiZMs

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:15 pm

Hey, dudes. I like you both. Can there be peace? In the words of Jesus, I'll love the person who turns the other cheek. I don't mean butt cheek.

Hey. I miss the Rains down in Africa. It take some time to do the things we never had.

The first one to not reply and PM me wins. ;)

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:26 pm

I will truce if the past is truly in the past. I don't want to deal with this garbage anymore as I have had enough. It's one of the reasons I barely have anything to do with the Jaguar community anymore. I mean it too. Not really wanting to drudge up old wounds. In the spirit of keeping things civil. Laird, I am sorry for criticizing your release, there was no real harm meant, I was just under the impression that it was understood that this was supposed to be actual Jaguar footage. I should have done more research, so I apologize.

The Laird
3DO ZERO USER

Post by The Laird » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:33 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:My response is an easy one Kizza, laird, Lynxgod, whatever, you have been a cancer to any community that you have been a part of. You came to JSII starting crap, and then, some other crap that followed you there, we had to freakin' bad users from another site just to keep the peace over at JSII because of this crap. As for Belboz breaking into other people's accounts and that crap, I have no clue man, but without Jay to say one way or the other, I have no clue man. All I know is this, you sir are a liar. You were paid for the CD-i games, so that is null and void and I owe nobody any money. Whatever Laird. You got banned from JSII, you got banned from Atari Age, and you got me banned from GORF's site even though, if you read the damn threads you say you have read, I was the one saying perhaps Jay should take a second thought about banning you, Dude. The fact that you didn't even bring that up proves to me, that as usual, you are full of crap, again. I have seen the crap you started AFTER you left JSII, and that's where I finally had enough of your garbage, and it's the reason there should be no use for you. You just can't help yourself man. It's impossible for you to just sit back and enjoy a forum without you causing some kind of controversy.

As for the Lies and interview, you were right, I was mistaken, it wasn't Jeff Minter. My Mistake. However, the interview was with Nolan Buschnell. Twenty Minutes in he's talking about software he is designing to help teachers, you tell him "That's Great. I'm a teacher." Then Buschnell starts talking about you helping him get the software into Europe and you immediately backpedal and start saying, "Well, I'm not really a teacher . . ." See? you just can't help yourself. Here is the link and let's see how long it works before you take the video down. I just hope that somebody here see's it and can back me up before you do to prove my point, you lying piece of crap! This has nothing to do with the Jaguar community being crap, it has to do with people like you coming in and freakin' pushing everyone's buttons and starting it up. Reboot comes to mind. Did I like reboot? Hell No I didn't. Most everyone didn't either. We got them calmed down and they stopped and what happened? You jerks started making those videos bashing everyone and claimed it was Reboot so they got banned, but guess what? We found out IT WAS YOU THE WHOLE TIME! So what happened? Jay banned you for lying and framing them for making videos on youtube they didn't do. You specifically are one of the reasons why the Jaguar community fell apart. You aren't happy unless you are causing controversy. You can't Help yourself. Just be yourself man, perhaps people might actually like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUW4ycNiZMs
More lies and nonsense, you just don't know when to stop do you? I never got banned from JS2, I removed all my content and then told Jay to please remove me as I was sick of all the nonsense going on there. I have even been asked back several times but have no interest in returning at all.

I clearly say in the Nolan Bushnell interview that I am training to be a teacher, but that is beside the point. How exactly do you even know what I do for a living? You sitting outside my window? It really wouldn't surprise me!

You got yourself banned from Proppa, ask Gorf yourself, he is not hard to find! As soon as he saw what you were saying about him and other members of Proppa on JS2 he banned you. Simple as that.

Oh you mean the videos that they admitted making or some other ones you have just made up because I am not sure? Belboz claimed it was me yet when questioned could not reveal one single fact to prove it other than my IP address which he got from JS2! I even proved, to Jay Smith himself no less, that I wasn't even in the country when the videos were posted!

Seriously you really need to grow up and get out of your little fantasy world you (and many other people in the Jaguar world) live in. There is a reason Gorf doesn't want to release any of his games, or Terance, or Stormworks (shame because Doom+, Splat! and Hexen are bloody amazing), or Atari Owl or numerous others! Think about that for a moment . . . .

You used to be a really cool guy until you drunk the Jagtard poison and joined the rest of them in a paranoid fantasy land. Its a a real shame because there is actually some great stuff going on in the Jaguar scene right now just most people are too blind to see it.

Anyway I have said my bit. I will get back to doing constructive things in the retro scene like my magazine articles, writing my next book, interviewing people, running charity events and organising shows and leave the bullshitting and backstabbing to everyone else.

Peace.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:35 pm

Please stop now guys. I hate being admin.

The Laird
3DO ZERO USER

Post by The Laird » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:37 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:I will truce if the past is truly in the past. I don't want to deal with this garbage anymore as I have had enough. It's one of the reasons I barely have anything to do with the Jaguar community anymore. I mean it too. Not really wanting to drudge up old wounds. In the spirit of keeping things civil. Laird, I am sorry for criticizing your release, there was no real harm meant, I was just under the impression that it was understood that this was supposed to be actual Jaguar footage. I should have done more research, so I apologize.
Like I said you used to be a real cool guy, in fact at one point you were probably one of my closest friends on JS2. Shame things turned out the way they did, I never did really know what happened. As soon as Reboot arrived the Jag scene just turned toxic and never recovered.

There is footage of real Jaguar games on 9 Lives, just not all of it as I said. I would still really like to get games like Virtuoso, Power Slide and Legions Of The Undead released and have even spoken with Carl about it. But I just don't know if it's really worth it anymore given how the "community" has lost all sense of actual community.

Remember the old days of the JS2 Elite? How I wish we could return to that golden age, sadly it's just a dream.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:42 pm

3DOKid wrote:Please stop now guys. I hate being admin.
Aw man! We haven't had anything this popcorn worthy in a while! :lol:

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:45 pm

The Laird wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:I will truce if the past is truly in the past. I don't want to deal with this garbage anymore as I have had enough. It's one of the reasons I barely have anything to do with the Jaguar community anymore. I mean it too. Not really wanting to drudge up old wounds. In the spirit of keeping things civil. Laird, I am sorry for criticizing your release, there was no real harm meant, I was just under the impression that it was understood that this was supposed to be actual Jaguar footage. I should have done more research, so I apologize.
Like I said you used to be a real cool guy, in fact at one point you were probably one of my closest friends on JS2. Shame things turned out the way they did, I never did really know what happened. As soon as Reboot arrived the Jag scene just turned toxic and never recovered.

There is footage of real Jaguar games on 9 Lives, just not all of it as I said. I would still really like to get games like Virtuoso, Power Slide and Legions Of The Undead released and have even spoken with Carl about it. But I just don't know if it's really worth it anymore given how the "community" has lost all sense of actual community.

Remember the old days of the JS2 Elite? How I wish we could return to that golden age, sadly it's just a dream.
Yeah, those days make me miss it a lot. When everyone got along. It's now like one of the most dysfunctional families I have ever seen man. Perhaps one day. Too bad it won't be anytime soon. Take care of yourself Laird, and come what may, good luck in your suture endeavors, mate. Cheers.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:46 pm

3DOKid wrote:Please stop now guys. I hate being admin.
I think we are done brother. Lovers Spat. :lol:

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Thanks buddy.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:42 am

Since this has much more to do with Jaguar than 3DO I'm thinking of moving it to the Atari Jaguar forum, but I'll wait a few days so those following know where it's gone.

If it means anything to any of you I hope the Jag community can find harmony, I know there's a lot of cool games that never came out, I'd like to see them one day.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

The Laird
3DO ZERO USER

Post by The Laird » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:10 pm

For anyone interested I have just made the second run of numbered collectors editions available.

http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/index.php?topic=3579.0

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:26 am

Damn , I've missed some stuff - that'll learn me from not visiting as often!
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:53 pm

The Laird wrote: I don't remember a single person criticising B&C's release of the Demolition Man Cinepak demo which uses footage from the 3DO version (that they still sell by the way on their website) neither did people comment how none of copyright holders were credited in it. Then there is the Doom 3 demo that TXG/MNX did that uses PC game footage, or the films that Video 61 sell, or . . . . . I could go on.
Umm, the Video 61 films are ALL PUBLIC DOMAIN.
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed