Did Jag have any PAL or JPN exclusive titles?

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

dark
3DO ZERO USER

Did Jag have any PAL or JPN exclusive titles?

Post by dark » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:51 pm

I used to own a Jag, which I bought used in 2005. I just got around to selling it this year. From my limited experience (had 2 games, Kasumi Ninja and Val D'isere, and the poor standard controller), I found it to be a very underwhelming and unenjoyable system - and I probably had bent pins on my cartridge slot as I got the red screen of death very very frequently.

Anyways, I just realized recently that the Jag was actually released in Japan. I usually think of the game library as being very western, both in terms of the types of games and with the companies behind the games ... but, were there any games exclusive to Japan or Europe, unreleased in the US?

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:41 pm

It's hard to judge a system being truly unenjoyable when you have only tried two games (with one being universally panned, and the other only being seen as "average at best" in most crowds).

That aside, no, I don't think there were any Atari-era exclusives in either region you are inquiring about.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:29 pm

AUSTINS SPOT-ON...
there were no JP (or other region) exclusives for the Jaguar. As you say, it was VERY western orientated.

Also, Val D'Isere is a fun game. I enjoyed that. Looks and runs really nicely too 8)

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:07 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:Also, Val D'Isere is a fun game. I enjoyed that. Looks and runs really nicely too 8)
Agreed. While I can see why it's more of a love-it-or-hate-it kind of game, to me it always felt like OutRun on a snowboard. And I love me some OutRun! :D

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Thu May 02, 2013 7:44 am

I have noticed that a Graham Gooch cricket game was planned for the Jag - one would assume that it would've been a PAL exclusive.
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Did Jag have any PAL or JPN exclusive titles?

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:49 pm

The Japanese jaguar came with a pack in copy of AVP. Which is nice when instead we got cybermorph :roll:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Did Jag have any PAL or JPN exclusive titles?

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:25 pm

Woa.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"