Interesting new game demo

It does float! And doesn't get soggy in milk! :)

Moderator: a31chris

sh3-rg
3DO ZERO USER

Interesting new game demo

Post by sh3-rg » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:41 pm

DrTypo has released a really nice demo of his forthcoming Rescue On Fractalus clone for the Jaguar. Featuring a speedy and smooth height map landscape effect, it's already got some of the major game features in there.

Take a look at the thread on AtariAge:http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/20 ... gels-demo/ for more info!

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:13 am

Now this is impressive. The Jag has recently been put back on my shelf for a good reason.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:02 am

This is what i ment by more advanced capabilities of the jaguar than old school arcade type games. This looks very interesting.

sh3-rg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by sh3-rg » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:38 am

grimm wrote:This is what i ment by more advanced capabilities of the jaguar than old school arcade type games. This looks very interesting.
Not bad for a 29 year old game concept on a 20 year old console ;-)

DrTypo is really putting all those years of "this stuff is hard" and "stay off the 68k" nonsense to bed... If you know how to program, put a little time and effort in and don't spend every day arguing points A through Z with people you can instead prove points A through Z with a freely downloadable binary for everyone to enjoy and have a lot more fun doing so... and everyone wins! (well, except the type of person who prefers arguing points A through Z in forums over actually making games :P )

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:26 pm

Doesnt matter how old a concept is. What matters is if its possible to create at the time you come up with it or not. Id rather support and old concept being created later than is possible, than support a concept thats been done over and over for 30 years.

Im curious to see more of this on the Jaguar.

sh3-rg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by sh3-rg » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:40 pm

grimm wrote:Doesnt matter how old a concept is. What matters is if its possible to create at the time you come up with it or not. Id rather support and old concept being created later than is possible, than support a concept thats been done over and over for 30 years.

Im curious to see more of this on the Jaguar.
What matters is that someone is having fun programming the Jaguar. FYI there are dozens of RoF remakes out there on almost every platform you can think of.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:14 pm

I never said otherwise.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:19 pm

Coolies! :D

PS.
Just tried to use the converter. I assume that "ULS boot .cdi" is the only CD format? The only choices I get are J64, ROM and ROM headerless. I did have to download "libusb0.dll" before it would run. What do I need to do?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"